Sydney is fabulous. Of course, it helps that the weather has creeped up into the 70s, and the skies turned blue just in time for my trip. (Australia has been experiencing an extremely rainy summer, now turned to a sunny autumn, and I am certainly not complaining). My dear friends Liz and Logan Williams have been showing me a great time, and I have loved getting to know their 2 year old Reid who now refers to me as 'Aunt Denn' (as in, Aunt Jenn). Truly adorable. I am certain that had Liz not been 9 months pregnant with her 2nd child (due just 2 weeks after my visit), she would have taken me on 12 mile day hikes in the wilderness (which Aussies refer to as 'walks'). Instead, we cut back to a 4 hour 'walk' each day and Liz set the pace - a pace that I had to push to keep up with. Did I mention that she is 9 months pregnant? Most women at 9 months have some difficulty maneuvering themselves around the house, let alone charging down hiking trails! It is easy to see why Liz and Logan are eager to get outside and walk around, Sydney is full of gorgeous views...gorgeous beaches...parks everywhere...
Here is a shot of us above Bondi Beach, where we did the Bondi to Coogee 'walk'.
No comments:
Post a Comment