Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thailand

First of all, I would like to invite you to take your shoes off and stay a while...don't forget to take them off again when you are at home, and also whenever you are in a store, at your favorite restaurant, your hotel room, or any other place other than the street.  In case you need convincing to embrace this Thai foot nudity imperative, this (below) is what I happened upon whilst taking a short hike to a beach in Koh Phi Phi Don.  
Notice the subtle use of persuasion here... Has anyone else had that dream where you show up to school and realize you forgot to wear shoes?  I don't think the people of Thailand have that dream. 
These two little guys are my buddies, and I make sure to give them a snuggle every time I pass by the Carpe Diem restaurant where they live.  


A few notes about Thailand's Beaches: They are gorgeous and cheap.  This is the mecca of budget travel....with a few bizillion travelers who have come to worship the gods of white sand beaches, mountain views, and gorgeous blue water.  If you thought you might just escape and stay in a completely remote location for quiet meditation, you might meditatively explore the concept of sharing, along with that of not passing judgment on annoying tourists or drunk college students, and hone your advanced meditation skills to the rhythm of the DJ bass beating full blast several blocks away (at midnight).


I know, life is tough.  And views like this one do give you meditation super powers. 
Here is another Hafiz poem for you...

Now 
That
All your worry
Has proved such an
Unlucrative 
Business
Why not
Find a
Better
Job

RELAX... and take off your shoes, please :)


No comments:

Post a Comment